Nepal, a stunning Himalayan nation, offers the best trekking trail in the earth. Among many trekking trails in Nepal, Mt. Mardi Himal trekking is among the most recommended. Mardi Himal trek is another popular trekking trails that bestow us with the beautiful natural environment, various cultures and old heritage. It is a very popular area that offers a spectacular trekking experience for trekkers from all over the world. The trail takes us to the base camp of massif Mt. Mardi Himal.
Besides Mt. Annapurna ranges, we can witness the views of the Mt. Dhaulagiri range, Mt.Machhapuchre range, Mount Bahari Shikhar, Mount Hiuchuli, Mount Nilgiri, Mount Tukuche peak, Mount Lamjung Himal, etc. The trek not only bestows us with the prodigious Mountain View.
we are also blessed with a classic Nepalese art culture, rich in biodiversity, and a diverse landscape. The Annapurna region is the home of the ethnic groups of Tamang, Gurung, Rai, Limbu, etc. As we pass through Annapurna National Park, you can explore different Himalaya regions Flora and Fauna including Red Panda, Yak, Himalayan musk, monkeys e.t.c.
Mardi Base Camp tour begins with our drive to Pokhara Valley. Then we will explore the beautiful city of Pokhara valley. Then we will drive to Phedi where our trek begins.
Mardi Himal Trekking is one of the most proffered trekking trails in the world. During the trek, you can enjoy the views of Annapurna massif along with Mardi Himal. As we trek to Mardi Base Camp, we will take a scenic walk across typical Gurung villages. We can enjoy the splendid views of ranges like Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail, Himchuli, and Annapurna I during the entire trek. Also, we can enjoy the spectacular mountain and glacier views in the Annapurna region. We can also explore the famous tourist destination as Pokhara.
Where to meet:
Our representative will pick you up upon your arrival at TIA. Then, you shall be transferred to your hotel during your leisure time.
What to expect:
• Trek to Mardi Base Camp
• Scenic walk across typical Gurung villages
• Adventure stay over tea house
• Splendid views of ranges like Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail, Himchuli, and Annapurna I
• Spectacular mountain and glacier views in Annapurna region
• Sightseeing tour in UNESCO world heritage sites
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
As per your flight schedule, we will be there to pick you up at Tribhuvan international airport. Then you are transferred to the hotel in Thamel. During the leisure time, we will complete the remaining formalities and we will brief you about the program.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu
Kathmandu is one of the world’s famous tourist destinations. There are about 7 world heritage sites in Kathmandu. Well, we cannot explore all of them in a day, but we will try to utilize the full day.
Early morning, we shall visit Pashupati Temple which is a famous Hindu temple. Pashupatinath is the temple of Lord Shiva. During the day, we will visit Boudhanath which is the largest stupa of Nepal. You can feel the presence of peace in the areas around the stupa. We will also visit Kathmandu Durbar Square. Once, this used to the home of Kings and Ministers who operate the country. Now, a living Goddesses, Kumari lives inside Durbar Square. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Flight to Pokhara- 1400m
Early morning, we will take a flight to Pokhara. The flight is scenic as we get to fly parallel to the Himalayas. It’s just a 25 mins flight. After some rest, we will explore the beautiful city of Pokhara. If the weather favors us, we will also do boating in Phewa Lake. Overnight in Pokhara
Day 04: Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali (2100m): 4-5 hours’ trek/ 30 minutes’ drive
We will leave Pokhara early in the morning as we drive to Phedi. The drive in a Jeep is fun and adventurous as we enjoy the beautiful views of hills and Rivers along the Highway. We will stop at multiple places and drive as our brain fully soaks the beauty of nature.
From Phedi, our trek actually begins. We will climb slowly through the beautiful settlements and Forest we will reach Deurali which is our stop for the night.
Overnight in Deurali
Day 05: From Deurali to forest camp (2,520m): 6-7 hours
Early morning, we begin our trek to reach Forest Camp. The trek takes about 6 to 7 hours. At Deurali, the trail enters a quiet jungle of maple, oak trees, rhododendrons etc. As we walk, we enjoy the views of mountain vista that appears stunning. After a few hours of walk, we reach Forest Camp. This is our stop for the night. Overnight in forest camp
Day 06: From Forest Camp to low camp (2970m): 5-6 hours
After we walk a steep climb, for few hours, we get into the grassy ridge. During the months of winter, the ridge is full of snow. The mountains grow closer and bigger as we walk towards the Low Camp. After 6 to 7 hours of trek, we reach Low Camp at the afternoon. During the trail, we can enjoy the best views of Annapurna South and Mount Machhapuchhre. Overnight in Low Camp
Day 07: From Low camp to high camp (3540m): 3-4 hours
Once we trek wake up early this day for the beautiful view of sunrise through the mountains. After early breakfast, we head on to the trekking trails. We walk on the grassy ridges which during winters are filled with snow. The trail ascends throughout the walk up to the High Camp. We walk above the tree line and the temperature reduces along the path. After walking for almost 4 to 5 hours, we finally reach High Camp.
Overnight in High Camp
Day 08: From High camp to upper viewpoint (4250m/13600ft), return back to high camp: 2-3 hoursDay
Today we wake up early and walk for few hours to reach the Mardi Himal Base Camp. The view of the Annapurna Sanctuary can be clearly seen. The panoramic scenes of South face of Mt. Annpaurna and Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) will be worth every steps taken to the Base Camp. After spending few hours here, we return back to the High Camp for lunch. After having lunch and resting for some time at High camp, we walk down to Low Camp from where it is about an hour or two’s walk to Badaldanda. We will be staying at the teahouse at Badaldanda today.
09: From High camp to Sidhing Village (1700m): 6-7 hours
After breakfast we start walking towards Forest Camp from where we will be taking a side trail down to the beautiful village of Landruk. The elevation changes drastically while walking down to Landruk. Landruk is a Gurung village with traditional houses that witnesses the immensely beautiful view of snow peak Annapurna South. After walking for around 6 to hours we reach the village.
Day 10- Drive/Fly back to Kathmandu
We can either drive or fly Kathmandu. We can drive to Kathmandu in a tourist bus along the bank of Trishuli River. We can enjoy the view of hills, multiple suspension bridge, and the beautiful Trishuli River. The drive is about 6 to 7 hours. Or we can fly to TIA from Pokhara which is about 25 mins of flight. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 11– Farewell
As per your flight schedule, we will drop you over the Airport and wave you a final goodbye.
• Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
• Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
• One full-day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
• Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
• Transportation by Tourist Bus
• Siwai pick up and drop by private vehicle
• Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), during the trek
• Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
• Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
• Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
• Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
• Farewell dinner.
• Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
• Insurance of Guide and Porter
• All required Government and local taxes
• Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
• First Aid service (Basic)
• Nepal arrival visa fee
• Meals in the city (Kathmandu/Pokhara) except breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
• Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
• Wi-Fi, hot showers, battery charging services during the trek
• Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD26 per person)
• Your personal nature expenses like, mineral water, soft and alcoholic beverages, snacks, extra meal, etc.
• Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary,
• Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters
• Tips (As an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation.