Jomsom Muktinath trekking is the most popular trekking trail in Annapurna region. The trek is also a part of Annapurna Circuit Trek. Nepal, a stunning Himalayan nation, offers the best trekking trail in the earth. Among many trekking trails in Nepal, Jomsom to Muktinath trek is among the most recommend one. The trail takes us to the base camp of massif Mardi Himal. The trail has been packed with internal and foreign tourists. During the time of October, when Nepalese were celebrate festivals like Dashain and Tihar, the place is mostly the crowd.
Besides the Annapurna ranges, we can witness the views of the Dhaulagiri range, Machhapuchre range, Mount Nilgiri, Mount Tukuche peak, etc. The Jomsom to Muktinath trek not only bestows us with the prodigious Mountain View. The Jomsom Muktinath Trekking rightfully displays the country’s spectacular geographical diversity as the trail traverses the deep valleys, high mountains and Jomsom to Muktinath Trek starts with a flight from Pokhara to Jomsom.
It has also blessed the classic Nepalese culture, rich biodiversity, and a diverse landscape. The Annapurna region is home to the ethnic groups of Tamang, Gurung, Rai, Limbu, Thakai, etc. As we pass through Annapurna National Park, you can explore different Himalaya Flora and Fauna, including Red Panda, Yak, Himalayan musk, monkeys e.t.c.
Jomsom Muktinath trekking is one of the most proffered trekking trails in the world. During the trek, you can enjoy the views of Annapurna massif and Dhaulagiri massif. As we trek to Muktinath, we will take a scenic walk across typical Gurung/ Thakali villages. We can enjoy the splendid views of ranges like Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail, Himchuli, and Annapurna I during the entire trek. Also, we can enjoy the spectacular mountain and glacier views in the Annapurna region. We can also explore the famous tourist destination as Pokhara. Visit the famous Muktinath Templ, which is a Hindu pilgrimage destination.
Where to meet:
Our representative will pick you up upon your arrival at TIA. Then, you shall be transferred to your hotel during your leisure time.
What to expect:
• Trek to Jomsom Muktinath
• Scenic walk across typical Gurung and Thakali villages
• Visit the famous Mukthinath Temple
• Adventure stay over tea house
• Splendid views of ranges like Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail, Himchuli, and Annapurna I
• Spectacular mountain and glacier views in Annapurna region
• Sightseeing tour in UNESCO world heritage sites
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
As per your flight schedule, we will be there to pick you up at Tribhuvan international airport. Then you are transferred to the hotel in Thamel. During our leisure time, we will complete the remaining formalities, and we will brief you about the program. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu
Kathmandu is one of the world’s famous tourist destinations. There are about 7 world heritage sites in Kathmandu. Well, we cannot explore all of them in a day, but we will try to utilize the full day.
Early morning, we shall visit Pashupati Temple, which is a famous Hindu temple. Pashupatinath is the temple of Lord Shiva. During the day, we will visit Boudhanath,which is the largest stupa of Nepal. You can feel the presence of peace in the areas around the stupa. We will also visit Kathmandu Durbar Square. Once, this used to the home of Kings and Ministers who operate the country. Now, a living Goddesses, Kumari lives inside Durbar Square. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive toUlleri
Early morning, we will take a flight to Pokhara. The flight is scenic as we get to fly parallel to the Himalayas. It’s just a 25 mins flight. We will leave Pokhara early as we drive to Ulleri. The drive in a Jeep is fun and adventurous as we enjoy the beautiful views of hills and Rivers along the Highway. We will stop at multiple places and drive as our brain fully soaks the beauty of nature. Overnight in Ulleri
Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani(6 to 7 hours of walk)- 2,840 m
After early morning breakfast, our journey begins as we pass by small villages and climb through the stone staircase. After a couple of hours of trek, we will finally reach Ghorepani. Ghorepani is inhabited by Magar’s ethnic community. They have a unique lifestyle, culture, and tradition. Even at such altitude, the place is super clean, has luxurious tea houses, and the trekking path is beautifully made. Overnight in Ghorepani
Day 05: Early morning Poon Hill trek and then to Tadapani(6 to 7 hours of walk)- 1190m
It is one of the most memorable days of your trip as we hike up to Poon Hill (3,210 m). We wake even before the dawn breaks up and walk for an hour to Poon Hill. From Poonhill, we will view the most vibrant and colorful sunrise. We can enjoy an amazing 360 degrees panorama of the Himalayan vista. After some time in the Poonhill, we will trek back to Ghorepani for breakfast. Then, we will leave towards Tadpani. The views of mountain vistas are mesmerizing from Tadapani. Overnight in Tadapani
Day 06: Trek to Ghasa (2110m) 6 hours
After a refreshing morning at Tadapani, we descend for about 6 hours towards Ghasa. The beautiful forests of rhododendron will energize us as we walk across some Gurung villages. We can explore the unique lifestyle and hospitality of the Gurung people. As you descend, we experience the mountains getting closer till we reach Ghasa Overnight in Ghasa
Day 07: From to Marpha (2680m) 5 hours
Early morning we head towards our destination. We will trek for around 6 hours along the strenuous trekking trail. We will descend towards Marpha. Marpha is a famous village in the Mustang region that is known for the Apple orchard. It’s is also home to the Thakali ethnic people. In the evening, don’t forget to try their famous Thakali khana and apple wine. Overnight in Marpha
Day 08: Trek to Kagbeni (2810m) 5 hours
Descend on a steep; long trail takes us to a beautiful village of Kegbeni. We shall climb down the side valley that passes through deserted landscape. As we walk, the view of mountain peaks appears majestic. As we reach Kagbeni, we notice the beautifully decorated tea house, which is our stop for the night. Overnight in Kagbeni
Day 09: Trek from Kagbeni (3710m) to Muktinath (3710m) 6 hours
After breakfast in kagbeni, we walk along the slippery path as we enjoy the amazing views around us. After walking for a few hours, we will stop for lunch. Then we will ascend towards Muktinath. We ascend about 1000 meters to reach Muktinath, which takes us about 6 hours. This is the most important day of the trek as we reach Muktinath. Overnight in Muktinath
Day 10: Trek from Muktinath (3710m) to Jomsom (2710m) 6 hours
Today, we descend from Muktinath into Jomsom where the landscape changes dramatically as we descend through the Kali Gandaki valley. We will go through Kagbeni (2,800m), which is filled with Greenery. Kagbeni stands out as a contrast to the nearby moonscape. From Kagbeni, we follow the broad, rugged course to the town of Jomsom, which is a headquarters of Mustang district. Overnight in Jomsom
Day 11 – Jomsom to Pokhara
After breakfast, we will take an early morning flight to Pokhara. The flight is only about 30 minutes, but it is thrilling and adventurous. Once we land in Pokhara, you will be transferred to the hotel. After some rest, we will explore the surrounding area and also enjoy boating in Phewa Lake. We can enjoy some drinks and dinner before crashing in the bed. Overnight in Pokhara
Day 12- Drive/Fly back to Kathmandu
We can either drive or fly Kathmandu. We can drive to Kathmandu in a tourist bus along the bank of Trishuli River. We can enjoy the view of hills, multiple suspension bridges, and the beautiful Trishuli River. The drive is about 6 to 7 hours. Or we can fly to TIA from Pokhara, which is about 25 mins of flight. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 13– Farewell
As per your flight schedule, we will drop you over the Airport and wave you a final goodbye.
• Airport picks up and drops by private vehicle
• Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
• One full-day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
• Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
• Transportation by Tourist Bus/one way flight to or from pokhara
• Morning flight from Jomsom to Pokhara • Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), during the trek
• Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
• Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
• Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
• Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
• Farewell dinner.
• Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
• Insurance of Guide and Porter
• All required Government and local taxes
• Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
• First Aid service (Basic)
• Nepal arrival visa fee
• Meals in the city (Kathmandu/Pokhara) except breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
• Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
• Wi-Fi, hot showers, battery charging services during the trek
• Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD26 per person)
• Your personal nature expenses like, mineral water, soft and alcoholic beverages, snacks, extra meal, etc.
• Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary,
• Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters
• Tips (As an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation.