Nepal, a stunning Himalayan nation, offers the best trekking trail in the earth. Among many trekking trails in Nepal, Ghorepani Ghandruk Trek is the world’s most recommend one. The trail takes us to the base camp of massif Annapurna. Annapurna is probably the most beautiful creation of Mother Nature. It’s also one of the toughest mountains to climb in the whole world. But that doesn’t mean to stop us from trekking on the foothills of Annapurna.
Besides Annapurna ranges, we can witness the views of the Dhaulagiri range, Machhapuchhre range, Mount Bahari Shikhar, Mount Hiuchuli, Mount Nilgiri, Mount Tukuche peak, Mount Lamjung Himal, etc. The trek not only bestows us with the prodigious Mountain View, but we are also blessed with classic Nepalese Culture, rich biodiversity, and the diverse landscape.
The Annapurna region is home to the ethnic groups of Tamang, Gurung, Rai, Limbu, etc. But Ghorepani Ghandruk Trek mostly has Gurung ethnic group. As we pass through Annapurna National Park, you can explore different Himalaya Flora and Fauna including Red Panda, Yak, Himalayan musk, monkeys.t.c.
Ghorepani Ghandruk Trek tour begins with our drive to Pokhara. Then we will explore the beautiful city of Pokhara. Then we will drive to Nayapul where our trek begins.
Ghorepani Ghandruk Trek is the most popular trekking trail in Nepal. During the trek, you can enjoy the views of Annapurna massif. As we trek to foothills of Annapurna, we will take a scenic walk across typical Gurung villages. In the place called Poonhill, we will enjoy a beautiful sunrise view. We can enjoy the splendid views of ranges like Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail, Himchuli, and Annapurna I during the entire trek. We can also explore the famous tourist destination as Pokhara and Ghorepani.
Where to meet:
Our representative will pick you up upon your arrival at TIA. Then, you shall be transferred to your hotel during your leisure time.
What to expect:
• Trek to the foothills of Annapurna
• Beautiful sunrise view from Poonhill
• Scenic walk across typical Gurung villages
• Adventure stay over tea house
• Splendid views of ranges like Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail, Himchuli, and Annapurna I
• Spectacular mountain and glacier views in Annapurna region
• Sightseeing tour in UNESCO world heritage sites
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
As per your flight schedule, we will be there to pick you up at Tribhuvan international airport. Then you are transferred to the hotel in Thamel. During our leisure time, we will complete the remaining formalities, and we will brief you about the program.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu
Kathmandu is one of the world’s famous tourist destinations. There are about 7 world heritage sites in Kathmandu. Well, we cannot explore all of them in a day, but we will try to utilize the full day.
Early morning, we shall visit Pashupati Temple which is a famous Hindu temple. Pashupatinath is the temple of Lord Shiva. During the day, we will visit Boudhanath which is the largest stupa of Nepal. You can feel the presence of peace in the areas around the stupa. We will also visit Kathmandu Durbar Square. Once, this used to the home of Kings and Ministers who operate the country. Now, a living Goddesses, Kumari lives inside Durbar Square. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara- 1400m
Early morning, we will take a flight to Pokhara. The flight is scenic as we get to fly parallel to the Himalayas. It’s just a 25 mins flight. After some rest, we will explore the beautiful city of Pokhara. If the weather favors us, we will also do boating in Phewa Lake. Overnight in Pokhara
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tikhedhunga (3 to 4 hours of walk) – 1690 m
We will leave Pokhara early in the morning as we drive to Nayapul. The drive in a Jeep is fun and adventurous as we enjoy the beautiful views of hills and Rivers along the Highway. We will stop at multiple places and drive as our brain fully soaks the beauty of nature.
From Nayapul, our trek actually begins. We will climb slowly through the beautiful settlements, and forest we will reach Tikhedhunga which is our stop for the night. Overnight in Tikhedhunga
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani(6 to 7 hours of walk)- 2,840m
After early morning breakfast, our journey begins as we pass by small villages and climb through the stone staircase. After a couple of hours of trek, we will finally reach Ghorepani. Ghorepani is inhabited by Magar’s ethnic community. They have a unique lifestyle, culture, and tradition. Even at such altitude, the place is super clean, has luxurious tea houses, and the trekking path is beautifully made. Overnight in Ghorepani
Day 06: Early morning Poon Hill trek and then to Tadapani(6 to 7 hours of walk)- 2630m
It is one of the most memorable days of your trip as we hike up to Poon Hill (3,210 m). We wake even before the dawn breaks up and walk for an hour to Poon Hill. From Poonhill, we will view the most vibrant and colorful sunrise. We can enjoy an amazing 360 degrees panorama of the Himalayan vista. After some time in the Poonhill, we will trek back to Ghorepani for breakfast. Then, we will leave towards Tadpani. The views of mountain vistas are mesmerizing from Tadapani. Overnight in Tadapani
Day 07: From to Ghandruk(5 to 6 hours of walk)- 2,140 m
After a refreshing morning at Tadapani, we descend for about 3 hours towards Ghandruk. The beautiful forests of rhododendron will energize us as we walk across Ghandruk. Ghandruk is the beautiful village on the hilltop. We can explore the unique lifestyle and hospitality of the Gurung people. As you descend, we experience the mountains getting closer till we reach Ghandruk Overnight in Ghandruk
Day 08: Trek Ghandruk to Nayapul- Drive to Pokhara
Today is the last day of our trek. After early morning breakfast inGhadruk, we will trek to Nayapul. Most of the time, the path is easy and downhill. After 3 hours of trek, our drive to Pokhara begins. As we retrace the highway, we will enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding. After some rest in Pokhara, we will explore the Lakeside areas. We can enjoy some drinks and dinner before crashing in the bed. Overnight in Pokhara
Day 09- Drive/Fly back to Kathmandu
We can either drive or fly Kathmandu. We can drive to Kathmandu in a tourist bus along the bank of Trishuli River. We can enjoy the view of hills, multiple suspension bridge, and the beautiful Trishuli River. The drive is about 6 to 7 hours. Or we can fly to TIA from Pokhara which is about 25 mins of flight. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 10– Farewell
As per your flight schedule, we will drop you over the Airport and wave you a final goodbye.
• Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
• Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
• One full-day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
• Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
• Transportation by Tourist Bus
• Siwai pick up and drop by private vehicle
• Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), during the trek
• Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
• Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
• Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
• Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
• Farewell dinner.
• Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
• Insurance of Guide and Porter
• All required Government and local taxes
• Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
• First Aid service (Basic)
• Nepal arrival visa fee
• Meals in the city (Kathmandu/Pokhara) except breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
• Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
• Wi-Fi, hot showers, battery charging services during the trek
• Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD26 per person)
• Your personal nature expenses like, mineral water, soft and alcoholic beverages, snacks, extra meal, etc.
• Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary,
• Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters
• Tips (As an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation.