Nepal, a stunning Himalayan nation, offers the best trekking trail in the earth. Among many trekking trails in Nepal, Annapurna Kopra Ridge trek is among the world’s most recommended ones. The trail takes us to the base camp of massif Annapurna. Annapurna is probably the most beautiful creation of Mother Nature. It’s also one of the toughest mountains to climb in the whole world. But that doesn’t mean to stop us from trekking on the foothills of Annapurna.
Besides Annapurna ranges, we can witness the views of the Dhaulagiri range, Machhapuchhre range, Mount Bahari Shikhar, Mount Hiuchuli, Mount Nilgiri, Mount Tukuche peak, Mount Lamjung Himal, etc. The trek not only bestows us with the prodigious Mountain View, but we are also blessed with classic Nepalese Culture, rich biodiversity, and the diverse landscape.
The Annapurna region is home to the ethnic groups of Tamang, Gurung, Rai, Limbu, etc. As we pass through Annapurna National Park, you can explore different Himalaya Flora and Fauna including Red Panda, Yak, Himalayan musk, monkeys e.t.c. Khopra danda and Khayer Lake trek is the most scenic and unspoiled short trek in the Annapurna Himalayas.
Annapurna Kopra ridge trek tour begins with our drive to Ghandruk. Ghorepani Ghandruk Trek tour begins with our drive to Pokhara. Then we will explore the beautiful city of Pokhara. Then we will explore the beautiful city of Ghandruk. From Ghandruk, our trek actually begins.
Annapurna Kopra Ridge trek is among the best trekking trail in the world. During the trek, you can enjoy the views of Annapurna massif. As we trek to the foothills of Annapurna, we will also take a scenic walk across typical Gurung villages. We can enjoy the splendid views of ranges like Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail, Himchuli, and Annapurna I during the entire trek. Also, we can enjoy the spectacular mountain and glacier views in the Annapurna region. We can also explore the famous tourist destination as Pokhara and Poonhill.
Where to meet:
Our representative will pick you up upon your arrival at TIA. Then, you shall be transferred to your hotel during your leisure time.
What to expect:
• Trek to Foothills of Annapurna and Khopra Ridge
• Witness beautiful Sunrise from Poonhill
• Scenic walk across typical Gurung villages
• Adventure stay over tea house
• Splendid views of ranges like Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail, Himchuli, and Annapurna I
• Spectacular mountain and glacier views in Annapurna region
• Sightseeing tour in UNESCO world heritage sites
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
As per your flight schedule, we will be there to pick you up at Tribhuvan international airport. Then you are transferred to the hotel in Thamel. During our leisure time, we will complete the remaining formalities, and we will brief you about the program.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu
Kathmandu is one of the world’s famous tourist destinations. There are about 7 world heritage sites in Kathmandu. Well, we cannot explore all of them in a day, but we will try to utilize the full day.
Early morning, we shall visit Pashupati Temple, which is a famous Hindu temple. Pashupatinath is the temple of Lord Shiva. During the day, we will visit Boudhanath, which is the largest stupa of Nepal. You can feel the presence of peace in the areas around the stupa. We will also visit Kathmandu Durbar Square. Once, this used to the home of Kings and Ministers who operate the country. Now living Goddesses, Kumari lives inside Durbar Square. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly to Pokhara to Ghandruk- 2012 meters
Early morning, we will take a flight to Pokhara. The flight is scenic as we get to fly parallel to the Himalayas. It’s just a 25 mins flight. After some rest, begin our drive to Ghandruk. The drive in a Jeep is fun and adventurous as we enjoy the beautiful views of hills and Rivers along the Highway. We will stop at multiple places and drive as our brain fully soaks the beauty of nature. Ghandruk is a beautiful Gurung village. Overnight in Ghandruk
Day 04: Trek from Ghandruk to Tadapani(5 to 6 hours of walk)- 2,630 meters
You stroll around the Ghandruk village for some moments in the morning as we observe the lifestyle of the Gurung ethnic group. After breakfast, we will slowly move to our destination for the day. After we walk for a couple of hours, we will reach Tadapani. The sound of chirping birds and waterfall will endlessly accompany us. Overnight in Tadapani
Day 05: Trek from Tadapani to BayaliKharka: (5 to 6 hours of walk)- 3420 m
After a refreshing morning at Tadapani, we descend for about 6 hours towards BayaliKharka. The beautiful forests of rhododendron will energize us as we walk across some Gurung villages. We can explore the unique lifestyle and hospitality of the Gurung people. As you descend, we experience the mountains getting closer till we reach BayaliKharka. Overnight in BayaliKharka
Day 06: Trek to Upper Chistibung: (6 to 7 hours of walk)
After a refreshing morning at BayaliKharka, we descend for about 6 to 7 hours. The beautiful forests of rhododendron will energize us as we walk across some Gurung villages. We can explore the unique lifestyle and hospitality of the Gurung people. A long hour of the walk takes us to Upper Chistibung. Overnight in Upper Chistibung
Day 07: Trek to Kopra Ridge (6 to 7 hours of walk)- 2,975m
After breakfast, we descend to cross a beautiful stream and start to ascend towards Khopra ridge. During the trek, we pass beautiful rhododendron and oak trees. Over the Kopra Ridge, we stay in lodges build by community-based products. But they still manage to provides us with internet and telephone facilities. Overnight in Khopra Ridge
Day 08: Trek to Swanta (5 to 6 hours of walk)- 2400m
Early morning starts with fantastic views of Dhaulagiri (8167 m), Annapurna South (7219 m), Annapurna I (8091), Machhapuchhre (fishtail) (6993m), and Nilgiri (6670m) along with many more mountains peak. We walk downhill across some small settlement before we trek to Swanta village. Most of the trail is through the Rhododendron forest.
Overnight in Swanta
Day 09: Trek to DandaKharka (5 to 6 hours of walk)- 2,800 m
After enjoying breakfast in front of the majestic panoramic vistas, we follow the path that moves up and then down to DandaKharka. We will walk relaxed through the trail that is marked by stone stairs. The route goes instantly down and then climbs up to DandaKharka. Overnight in DandaKharka
Day 10: Trek to Tikot via Poon Hill – (6 to 7 hours of walk)
It is one of the most memorable days of your trip as we hike up to Poon Hill (3,210 m). We wake even before the dawn breaks up and walk a couple of hours to Poon Hill. From Poonhill, we will view the most vibrant and colorful views of the surrounding landscape. We can enjoy an amazing 360 degrees panorama of the Himalayan vista. After some time in the Poonhill, we will trek to Tikot, which is mostly an ascending trail. Overnight in Tikot
Day 11: Trek to Beni (5 hours of walk or 2 hours ride)
After a refreshing morning at Tikot, we descend for about 4 to 5 hours. The beautiful forests of rhododendron will energize us as we walk across some Gurung villages. We can explore the unique lifestyle and hospitality of the Gurung people. As you descend, we experience the mountains getting far from us. Or we can drive for about 2 hours to Beni in a Jeep. Overnight in Beni
Day 12: Drive to Kathmandu
From Beni, we drive to Kathmandu in a tourist bus along the bank of Trishuli River. We can enjoy the view of hills, multiple suspension bridges, and the beautiful Trishuli River. The drive is about 7 to 8 hours. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 13: Farewell
As per your flight schedule, we will drop you over the Airport and wave you a final goodbye.
• Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
• Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
• One full-day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
• Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
• Transportation by Tourist Bus
• Siwai pick up and drop by private vehicle
• Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), during the trek
• Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
• Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
• Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
• Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
• Farewell dinner.
• Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
• Insurance of Guide and Porter
• All required Government and local taxes
• Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
• First Aid service (Basic)
• Nepal arrival visa fee
• Meals in the city (Kathmandu/Pokhara) except breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
• Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
• Wi-Fi, hot showers, battery charging services during the trek
• Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD26 per person)
• Your personal nature expenses like, mineral water, soft and alcoholic beverages, snacks, extra meal, etc.
• Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary,
• Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters
• Tips (As an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation.